Welcome to the website for the Time Machine gallery and for Harlow Museum – both well worth a visit!
Science Alive is an independent charity providing community learning and cultural services in partnership with Harlow Council.
Current events and news….
- Take a final opportunity to see the moving exhibition dedicated to Harlow soldiers at the Battle of the Somme: at Harlow Museum until Mid-January
- Closure Dates Warning: Harlow Museum will be closed on 27th January 2017
- Every Monday: Messy Play workshops for Under 5s
- Every Third Saturday: Raspberry Pi Club and SACK (Science Alive Club for Kids) – ask for details
Our six-month programme of talks, exhibitions and other events with the theme of Migration and Identity has got underway. We explore the experiences of journeys and settlements, conflict and war, invaders and traders and how these help shape our own personal history. From Romans to French Normans to London EastEnders and beyond, the amazing human spirit in all its forms makes this a fascinating world to be part of.
- For a short period, reflect on the sacrifice made by so many, with your final chance to see the exhibition recording the Battle of the Somme, through the stories of Harlow servicemen.
Coming in 2017: Gibberd’s Gift – part of our year-long celebrations of Harlow’s 70th Anniversary as a New Town.
- Other events include our year long project with YourHarlow, recording Harlow memories on film for every year since 1947.
- While you are at the Museum, don’t forget to visit our Museum Bookshop – buy a copy of John Collins’ own autobiography, just £5.
- If you have a little time on your hands, come and enjoy a quiet cuppa and a delicious slice of cake at our Corner Cafe!
Join the Science Alive supporters group The Learning Collective. Membership is free! You’ll be part of a membership organisation and mailing list which keeps you in touch with our work at the Time Machine and Harlow Museum – and you can be proud that you are one of a growing number supporting learning in the community!
Tweets by @ScienceAliveUK
If you want to support the work of Science Alive…
- visit & enjoy the Time Machine gallery or Harlow Museum
- join TLC, our supporters group
- spread the word about what we do
- help us with our work as a volunteer
- donate funds to help us through PayPal – see below
Thank you for being part of what we do.
Use the Twitter Button to spread the word about our website and visitor centres!