- Bringing learning to life – our education programmes are designed to provide an entertaining curriculum supplement.
- We offer Great value for Education and School groups – affordable and active learning
- You can visit our amazing interactive Time Machine Gallery or Harlow Museum & Walled Gardens for a great day out – or we can come to you!
- Choose from one of our amazing Science Alive or Living History workshops (See below) Key Stage 1, 2 or 3 curriculum content
- Venues packed with exciting exhibits; Eating space so that you and your group can relax and enjoy lunch on site; Good value souvenir shop
Click on the Programme name below to download the details as a pdf.
Science Education Programmes:
Our half day or full day programmes offer a Science-based show; workshops and a thematic discovery trail around the Time Machine Gallery.
- Big bang theory Programme
- Engineers are Here Full Day KS1 and 2 Programme
- Everyday Materials Full Day KS1 Programme
- Light Programme Full Day KS2 Y3 Programme
- Odd bodies Half Day Programme KS1
- Natural Disasters Half day Year 4 Programme
- Natural Disasters Half Day Outreach Year 4 Programme
Living History Education Programmes:
Each programme includes a Presentation + Handling Workshop + guided visit
- New Town Full Day Programme
- Roman Full Day Programme
- Tudors Full Day Programme
- Victorians Full Day Programme
- War Time Full Day Programme
We also offer a collection of artefacts that can be borrowed from Harlow Museum Living History Collection. For further details see our Education Collection Living History pdf.
Guideline costs 2018-19
Dependent on the number of attendees cost are
- £8/child for full day
- £6/child for half day
Outreach: please phone for a quotation, as prices may vary according to numbers and programme
Examples are :
Harlow Museum Living History programmes: Presentation + Workshop + guided visit £150 + VAT (Harlow Schools £120 +VAT)
Time Machine Science Alive, History Bubble and Living History programmes: Full Day (10am – 2.30pm) £350 + VAT
Typical pattern: 1 x show; 2 x workshops; 1 x discovery trail/hands on exhibits
Up to 60 children
Half Day (10am – 12.15pm or 12.45pm – 2.45pm)
Typical pattern: 1 x show; 1 x workshop; 1 discovery trail/hands on exhibits
Up to 30 children
Telephone our team to find out more and discuss a programme for your class – 01279 413412
or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
“On behalf of myself and the year one teachers we wanted to say another huge thank you for having our school in with you today! The children had a fantastic time and everyone really enjoyed the day! The Alka Splat workshop was great too!”
Emma Bonham, Year 1 Teacher, Cross Infants School, Essex.