Without our volunteer team, we couldn’t our shows at the Time Machine gallery, couldn’t do our very best for a brilliant birthday party. We couldn’t make the Walled Gardens so beautiful, wouldn’t tell our Museum visitors all they need to know. We can do these things – and more – because we have hard-working volunteers (and some real experts in their field) who work for our community. If you’re interested, get in touch.
What’s in it for you? Personal development, enjoyment, a good experience, for starters.
We offer a warm welcome, firstly. You are a valuable part of a successful and driven team. We’re an education charity with a real ambition to do a great job. That ambition rubs off – people often learn a lot while they’re working with us..and that can help if you are looking for work. We specialise in customer service, communications, personal organisation and many other skills. We offer training and support for our volunteers. And sometimes we have a bit of a do, to say thank you and well done.
Jobs we need help with right now – updated March 2017
If you can help, please get in touch. Further details & application forms available on request.
- IT specialist: to help with maintaining our digital output on social media; website; to develop digital interactive exhibits and exhibitions for us
- Marketing and Supporters Team: to help with distribution of leaflets, mailshots etc. – 2 hours a week upwards. Car Driver required (petrol costs etc. paid)
- Fundraisers (new team): working to develop our membership, sponsorship and grant applications programme: target: £50,000 per year!!!
- Catering Team: helping with teas and coffees served at Harlow Museum and special events at the Time Machine – 4 hours a week upwards
- Gardening Warden: helping us open up the Walled Gardens at Harlow Museum on days when the Museum is closed (Sundays, Mondays)
- Visitor Guides: (Holiday periods or long term) giving visitors a warm welcome and helping at the front desk: 4 hours a weeks upwards
- Records Assistant (Harlow Museum) to maintain our database of new acquisitions and updating records with changes to the collection